PCO Performance Dates – 2019-20 season
Except where noted, performances of the Pomona College Orchestra are held in Bridges Hall of Music, otherwise known as “Little Bridges,” on the Pomona College campus at 150 East Fourth Street. Admission is always free of charge, and more information about directions or parking can be obtained by calling (909) 621-8155 or online.
- First program (October 11 and 13, 2019)
- Second program (November 22 and 24, 2019)
- Third program (March 6 and 8, 2020)
- Fourth program (April 17 and 19, 2020) – CANCELED – read more
Friday, October 11, at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 13, at 3:00 p.m.
with Jack Sanders, guitar
- Suppé: Overture to Poet and Peasant
- Corigliano: Elegy (Oliver Dubon ’20, conductor)
- Takemitsu: To the Edge of Dream
- Respighi: Pines of Rome
Friday, November 22, at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 24, at 3:00 p.m.
with Hana Burges (violin), co-winner of the 2019 PCO Concerto Competition
- Wieniawski: Violin Concerto No. 2 in D Minor, Op. 22
- Brahms: Symphony No. 2 in D
Friday, March 6 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 8 at 3:00 p.m.
with Andrew Acs (euphonium), co-winner of the 2019 PCO Concerto Competition
- Joseph Horovitz: Euphonium Concerto
- Mahler: Symphony No. 1 in D
Friday, April 17 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 19 at 3:00 p.m.
with the Pomona College Choir, Donna M. Di Grazia, director, and vocal soloists tba
- Brahms: Schicksalslied “Song of Destiny”
- Mozart: Requiem