PCO Performance Dates – 2016-17 season
Except where noted, performances of the Pomona College Orchestra are held in Bridges Hall of Music, otherwise known as “Little Bridges,” on the Pomona College campus at 150 East Fourth Street. Admission is always free of charge, and more information about directions or parking can be obtained by calling (909) 621-8155 or online.
- First program (October 7 and 9, 2016)
- Second program (November 18 and 20, 2016)
- Third program (February 24 and 26, 2017)
- Fourth program (April 14 and 16, 2017)
Friday, October 7, at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 9, at 3:00 p.m.
with Sarah Thornblade, violin
- Mendelssohn: Overture to A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Ravel: Le tombeau de Couperin
- Barber: Violin Concerto
Friday, November 18, at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 20, at 3:00 p.m.
- Messiaen: Les offrandes oubliées
- Strauss: Don Juan
- Ligeti: Lontano
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio espagnol
Friday, February 24 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 26 at 3:00 p.m.
with Katherine Tseung (Scripps ’19), cello, winner of the 2016 PCO Concerto Competition;
and Ursula Kleinecke, soprano
- Haydn: Cello Concerto in D
- Bernstein: Jeremiah (Symphony No. 1)
- Tchaikovsky: Romeo and Juliet
Friday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 16 at 3:00 p.m.
with the Pomona College Choir,
Donna M. Di Grazia, director;
and Nmon Ford, baritone
- Mendelssohn: Elijah