PCO Performance Dates – 2018-19 season
Except where noted, performances of the Pomona College Orchestra are held in Bridges Hall of Music, otherwise known as “Little Bridges,” on the Pomona College campus at 150 East Fourth Street. Admission is always free of charge, and more information about directions or parking can be obtained by calling (909) 621-8155 or online.
- First program (October 12 and 14, 2018)
- Second program (December 7 and 9, 2018)
- Third program (March 1 and 3, 2019)
- Fourth program (April 19 and 21, 2019)
Friday, October 12, at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 14, at 3:00 p.m.
- Copland: Billy the Kid (suite)
- Musgrave: Rainbow
- Bernstein: Symphonic Dances from West Side Story
Friday, December 7, at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 9, at 3:00 p.m.
with Genevieve Feiwen Lee, piano
- Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 1 in D minor
- Stravinsky: Suite from The Firebird (1919)
Friday, March 1 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 3 at 3:00 p.m.
with Oliver Dubon (PO ’20) winner of the 2018 PCO Concerto Competition
- Mozart: Symphony No. 38 in D, K. 504, “Prague”
- Vaughan Williams: Tuba Concerto
- Boulanger: D’un matin de printemps
- Strauss: Tod und Verklärung
Friday, April 19 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 21 at 3:00 p.m.
with the Pomona College Choir, Donna M. Di Grazia, director
- Duruflé: Requiem
- Bloch: Avodath HaKodesh (Sacred Service), Part I